Note: If you have a lawsuit judgment against you, you must pay the plaintiff directly or the plaintiff’s attorney. The court does not collect on third party judgments.
If you are coming to the court to make a payment, we accept cash, personal check, or money order. The court also accepts Visa, MasterCard and Debit Cards; however, we use a third party processer for these transactions. The additional costs of these transactions are paid by the person making the payment. There is also a drop box outside the building for after hours payments.
Please note: You may also pay on line. Click the “Payment Information” tab for more information or go directly payments by clicking HERE. Payments made online will be processed by the court the next business day.
Paying a traffic ticket or parking citation
All civil infraction citations are due within 14 days of the date on the citation. If you fail to pay or request a court appearance within 14 days, you will be in default and subject to late fees and possible suspension of your license. If you would like to admit responsibility and pay your ticket Online, please follow the Payments section listed below.
Before you come to Court to pay the ticket:
It normally takes 1-2 business days from the time you receive the ticket before the court has received a record of the ticket from the police department. Please allow at least one business day before coming to the court to pay. If you are coming in person to pay during regular business hours, please bring a copy of the ticket with you.
Payments, please follow these steps:
- Determine your fine amount. Look up your fine on our table of fines and costs or see your probation order.
- You can make both probation and ticket payments with this process.
- A third party service is used to process all credit card transactions. Please note: you will be charged a convenience fee for this service. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted.
- Make Payment:
- Click Payment
- Follow the instructions on the link.
- Payments made online will be processed the next business day.
IMPORTANT: This process is NOT to be used for posting a bond or bail money for a defendant. Bonds are posted with certified funds such as cashier’s check and cash only!
After Hours Drop Box – We have a drop box located at the front of the building
- You will need to look up your fine on our table of fines and costs.
- You may pay with personal check, money order, or cashier check. Please do not include cash payments in the drop box.
- Make checks payable to the 18th District Court.