RE: Emergency Policy Regarding COVID-19
Updated September 1, 2021
The 18th District Court reserves the right to adopt/change/amend COVID-19 policies as the situation warrants without advanced communication when necessary.
At this time, the 18th District Court is fully open for normal business with the following adjustments:
- The court will be open during normal posted hours.
- The court will continue to utilize Zoom hearings for court business to the fullest extent possible.
- All cashiers are open and available for in-person payments. This includes civil infractions, probation payments, payment plans and warrants.
- The court highly encourages the use of online-payments. Payments can be made by clicking HERE.
- If you have an outstanding warrant, please email your name, address and phone number to email@example.com. A court appointed attorney will contact you within three-five business days of receipt of the email.
- All civil infraction hearings will be held via Zoom. If you are looking to mediate your violation, please click on the ticket mediation tab and complete the form. Please remember to fill in the comment section indicating what relief you are requesting.
- Work program has resumed operations. Work program will operate on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Please contact your probation officer to schedule your days.
- All visitors to the courthouse will have to submit to a temperature checked before entry.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the courthouse by all visitors.
- Social distancing is still encouraged while in the courthouse. Please follow the guides on the floor and utilize the chairs as they are placed.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority.
The public can continue to participate in court hearings by attending the hearing remotely.
Hearings conducted by Judge McConnell can be viewed live on YouTube at his channel, Judge Mark McConnell, 18th District Court, by clicking here
Hearings conducted by Judge Cicirelli can be viewed live on YouTube at her channel, Judge Cicirelli 18th District Court, by clicking here
Hearings conducted by Magistrate Wiacek can be viewed live on YouTube at his channel, Magistrate David Wiacek 18th District Court, by clicking here
If you are coming to the court to make a payment, we accept cash, personal check, or money order. The court also accepts Visa, MasterCard and Debit Cards; however, we use a third party processor for these transactions. The additional costs of these transactions are paid by the person making the payment. There is also a drop box outside the building for after hours payments by check or money order.
You may also pay your fines and cost on line. Click the “Payment Information” tab for more information or go directly payments by clicking HERE. Payments made online will be processed by the court the next business day.
Are you looking to see what cases are scheduled for court? You can review the court dockets by date. If a case is non-public you will not be able to view.
The court will be closed to the public on the following dates
September 6, 2021 – Labor Day
October 11, 2021 – Columbus Day
November 2, 2021 – Election Day
November 11, 2021 – Veteran’s Day
November 25-26, 2021 – Thanksgiving
December 24, 2021 – Christmas Eve
December 27, 2021 – Christmas Observance
December 30-31, 2021 – New Years Observance