RE: Emergency Policy Regarding COVID-19
Updated November 15, 2022
The 18th District Court reserves the right to adopt/change/amend COVID-19 policies as the situation warrants without advanced communication when necessary.
At this time, the 18th District Court is fully open for normal business with the following adjustments:
- The court will be open during normal posted hours.
- The court will continue to utilize Zoom hearings for court business to the fullest extent possible.
- All cashiers are open and available for in-person payments. This includes civil infractions, probation payments, payment plans and warrants.
- The court highly encourages the use of online-payments. Payments can be made by clicking HERE.
- All civil infraction hearings will be held via Zoom. If you are looking to mediate your violation, please click on the ticket mediation tab and complete the form. Please remember to fill in the comment section indicating what relief you are requesting.
- Work program has resumed operations. Please contact your probation officer to schedule your days.
- All visitors to the courthouse will have to submit to a temperature check before entry.
- Social distancing is still encouraged while in the courthouse. Please follow the guides on the floor and utilize the chairs as they are placed.
- The 18th District Court is fully open to the public. You are welcome to view hearings in person.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority.
A message regarding warrants
If you have an outstanding warrant, you have two options to clear your warrant and address any outstanding issues
- You may appear, in person, to the courthouse Monday – Wednesday between 8:00am and 10:30am. A court appointed attorney will be available to meet with you before you go before the Judge/Magistrate.
- You may email the court to address your warrant electronically. You will need to email us your name, address and phone number to email@example.com. A court appointed attorney will contact you within three-five business days of receipt of the email. Note that the warrant will remain active until you are seen by the Judge/Magistrate. Not all cases are available for handling via email. If we cannot handle your case via email we will notify you directly through the email address you use to contact us.
If you are coming to the court to make a payment, we accept cash, personal check, or money order. The court also accepts Visa, MasterCard and Debit Cards; however, we use a third party processor for these transactions. The additional costs of these transactions are paid by the person making the payment. There is also a drop box outside the building for after hours payments by check or money order.
Note: We cannot accept credit card payments for restitution, bonds, or escrow payments.
You may also pay your fines and costs on line. Click the “Payment Information” tab for more information or go directly payments by clicking HERE. Payments made online will be processed by the court the next business day.
Are you looking to see what cases are scheduled for court? You can review the court dockets by date. If a case is non-public you will not be able to view.
The court will be closed to the public on the following dates
November 24-25, 2022 – Thanksgiving Observance
December 23, 2022 – Christmas Eve Observance
December 26, 2022 – Christmas Observance
December 30, 2022 – New Year’s Eve Observance
January 2, 2023 – New Year’s Day Observance